We just received this letter from The SoCal Water$mart team. Reminder: it’s a great time to purchase Energy Star appliances!
September 11, 2009
We are pleased to announce that Metropolitan Water District’s SoCal
Water$mart residential water efficiency rebate program WILL RE-LAUNCH ON A
REGION-WIDE BASIS ON SEPTEMBER 21, 2009, beginning at 9:00 a.m. At that
time, rebates will be available for a limited time to all residential
customers of participating water agencies within the Metropolitan Water
District service area. (Residential water customers are those living in
houses or apartments, townhomes, condominiums or mobile home complexes with
less than five dwellings that are not represented by a homeowners
association or property management company.)
Upon re-launch, THE PROGRAM WILL NO LONGER REQUIRE REBATE RESERVATIONS for
qualifying product purchases. Rebate applications for purchases made on or
after September 21 may be submitted by mail or via the program website.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING KEY PROGRAM CHANGES:
– Program period is from September 21, 2009 through May 31, 2010, or until
funds are depleted (whichever comes first).
– As stated above, rebate reservations will no longer be required; mail-in
or online applications will be accepted starting September 21, 2009.
– PURCHASES MADE PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 21, 2009 ARE INELIGIBLE FOR REGION-WIDE
– Rebate checks will be issued only to the residential water customer
– Customers of participating water agencies that are offering funds during
the current interim period may continue to reserve rebates through the
SoCal Water$mart program through September 18 at 5:00 p.m.
As noted above and with the previous program period, funding for the new
fiscal year is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. We are
committed to providing effective program support for your high-efficiency
products and will keep you apprised of the program status throughout the
year. In addition, we will work with you to create opportunities for
collaborative promotional efforts.
PRODUCT COVERAGE AND REBATE AMOUNT CHANGES:
We are updating program materials and will be supplying the retail network
with rebate applications and point of purchase marketing materials. Any
retailers, distributors, or contractor groups interested in setting up
program training may submit an email request to
REBATE AMOUNT CHANGES:
– High-efficiency clothes washers (4.0 Water Factor or less): $50 (Please
note the change in the clothes washer requirement from WF 5.0 to WF 4.0 as
of July 1, 2009.)
– High-efficiency toilets (WaterSense qualified, 1.28 gpf or less): $50
– Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers (Smart Water Application
Technologies™ or “SWAT” tested; add-on devices are not rebated)
— (<1 acre): $80
— (1+ acre): $25/station
– Rotary nozzles, new requirement to include pressure regulating heads:
– Synthetic turf: $0.60/sq ft (not available in all areas as local water
agencies must now match funds and retrofitted area must be less than ½
acre; check the website for details)
As always, local water agencies have the option to add funding and increase
rebate amounts for their customers. Agency funding updates will be provided
on a monthly basis.
If you have any questions, please visit the program website at:
www.bewaterwise.com or call the SoCal Water$mart hotline at: 888-376-3314.
We look forward to working with you!
The SoCal Water$mart team